How To Buy A Wet Grinder For The Kitchen
Indian cuisine derives its taste from the spices that are used. While some of these are ground dry, most of them are wet ground to get that authentic Indian taste and aroma. Hence the wet grinder with its versatility and functionality becomes the ideal kitchen aid for churning marvellous culinary creations.
- TABLE TOP WET GRINDER
- Do not worry if you experience some burning smell when you run your mixer grinder for the 1st time .This is due to the motor varnish getting heated for the 1st time. The problem should not recur in subsequent uses. If it does, please contact Brand Service Centre
- Since your mixer grinder runs on a powerful motor, there will be some noise. If the noise level seems abnormal, please contact Brand Service Centre
- Conical grind stones,Fitted with sturdy and durable motor
- Noiseless and vibration free operation
- Patented Conical grinding stones- which results in better batter and less wear and tear of the stone
- Patented conical stones
- 304 food grade Stainless steel
- Batter cleaner
- Multi-utility drum
- 85 watts motor
- Abs Body
- Color : Grey
- Power : 230 V Ac-50 Hz
- Speed Setting : 1
- Premier Tilting Grinder - Table Top Wet Grinder
- Capacity 2 Lts
- Material Of Basic Unit: Stainless Steel Material Of Drum
- 220/230 V
- High Quality ABS Body & Stainless Steel Drum.
- 200 watts Motor.
- New and Improved Model.
- Capacity 2Litres Motor : 200 watts 130 RPM of Drum.
- Acessories Included in Box : Coconut scraper attachement & Atta kneader attachement.
- Patented Conical Stones for effective grinding and low batter temperaure
- AISI 304 Rust Resistant food-grade Stainless Steel for healthy food
- 2L Capacity
- Dish Shaped Multi-utility drum - Batter can be stored in the same drum after grinding
- 150 Watts Motor - Powerful 150 Watts Motor for better grinding
- BUTTERFLY MATLESS PRO TTWG WET GRINDER
- Compact table top design
- Stainless steel drum
- High quality grinding stones
- Alpha Flow
- Safety lock
- Lesser weight
- SS304 grade steel
- Double pusher
Features to look for
While shopping for a wet grinder, it is easy to get influenced by brands and interesting technical terms. But these do not necessarily enable a customer to take the correct decision. It is the presence of the features which have a very important role to play in the final selection. Some of the important features to look for are:
- Type of wet grinder: Generally three types of wet grinders are readily available in the market. They are:
- Regular wet grinders are big as they are meant for commercial use,
- Table-top wet grinders are meant for the regular home kitchen use and
- Tilting wet grinders are the most convenient wet grinders since they can be tilted to empty the container.
- Capacity: Calculated in litres, the capacity of the grinder ranges from 2 to 15litres. The choice of the capacity of a wet grinder therefore depends on its usage. Hence for small families, as small wet grinder is enough but for bigger families, a wet grinder with a bigger capacity is needed.
- Overload protection: This feature refers to the maximum amount of load that can be put on the grinder machine. Any weight beyond this results in the stoppage of the machine due to overload.
- Quantity of stones: Generally the number of stones ranges from 1 to 3. The greater the number of stones, the lesser is the grinding time required. Hence single stone wet grinders take the maximum time while the 3 stone grinders take the least time to grind things.
- Shape of the stones: The stones can either be conical or cylindrical in shape. It has been found that conical stones with their sharp edges grind better than the cylindrical ones. In fact conical stones do not give the ungrounded materials any space to freely move about thus forcing them under the stones thereby grinding them.
- Drum material: The surface present inside the grinder is known as the drum material. It can be made up of steel or stones. While stones tend to get eroded in the long run, steel offers better value for money thereby enabling the wet grinder to have a longer life.
- Extra attachments: The wet grinder also comes with certain extra attachments like the coconut grater, the Atta kneader etc. Since the presence of extra attachments tend to bring about a substantial increase in price, these extras should only be purchased if there is a definite need for the same.
Wet Grinder Brands
Some of the famous brands associated with the wet grinder are:
- Ultra etc.
The price of the wet grinder depends on its utility. While basic models are available at a price range of INR 3000 to INR 8000, there are models which are also priced at above INR 10000. Of course these ultra high-end models provide many more features which make life easy for the user.